Invisalign is a clear dental aligner that’s used as an alternative to traditional metal braces. Often time, Invisalign and similar treatments are used when a patient wants to avoid the look and feel of braces. If you’re considering Invisalign, here are a few things to keep in mind before diving in.
- Over a million patients have been treated with Invisalign! This is a proven method of dental treatment and teeth straightening that orthodontic patients of all ages and backgrounds have chosen.
- There are both similarities and differences between Invisalign and traditional braces.
- May be more expensive
- Able to be removed on a daily basis, for meals, etc
- Less frequent dentist or orthodontic visits
- Treatment can last as little as 6 months
- May not be a good option for everyone
- It is recommended that Invisalign be worn for at least 20 hours daily to achieve maximum results
- Invisalign aligners are changed every week due to rapid complex improvements to your teeth
- May be less pricey than Invisalign
- Not able to be removed at home
- Require office visits every two months or more frequently
- May have longer overall treatment time (average of 1-3 years)
Invisalign may be an excellent option for those looking to enhance their smile and improve the overall health of their teeth and gums. Can’t decide if Invisalign is a good option for you?
Get in touch with our office to schedule an appointment today!